Golden Globes 2015 - Fashion Overview - Forever Chic Style
"Je Suis Charlie"
The 72nd Golden Globe ball was held on Sunday, January 11, 2015 with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler wittingly lashing out at the cinema industry with tongue and cheeky humor. The banter between the two was hilarious and left the audience in stitches especially with a joke about George Clooney. An awkward moment occurred when Jennifer Aniston presented the opening award of the evening. The two crazy comedians asked the audience for someone to come up on stage with Aniston to announce the award. The first one to raise their hand will be the chosen winner. Benedict Cumberbatch, nominee Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama for The Imitation Game eagerly pounced on the opportunity. Aniston was oddly shocked and showed frustration and surprisingly wasn't able to "wing it." It was a cringe worthy start to the affair but soon forgotten. On the other hand, winners Kevin Spacey, George Clooney, Eddie Redmayne, Michael Keaton, Joanne Froggatt and even Billy Bob Thorton gave wonderful speeches. And, Je Suis Charlie was everywhere on this night.
“For the record: If you are in this room, you’ve caught the brass ring,” said Clooney. “You get to do what you’ve always dreamed to do and be celebrated for it, and that just... it ain’t losing. I don’t remember what awards Lauren Bacall won. I just remember her saying, ‘You know how to whistle, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow.’ And I have no idea what kind of hardware Robin Williams took home. But I sure remember “carpe diem” and, ‘Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.’ I never forget that.”
George Clooney, Cecil B Demille Award Winner 2015
Along with all the laughter and antics, the gents and ladies were dressed in the finest threads eagerly awaiting to present, to win or to watch the show unfold. The fashionistas were in full force in an array of soft muted pale tones to bold brilliant canary yellow and ravishing reds to over processed gowns. Additionally, some ladies were adorned in trendy sparklers, plunging V-necks, Angelina Jolie leg split skirts, over processed hair, too tan skin and blah blah makeup all screaming for attention. In contrast, just who was exceptional and who landed in the cast of tragic mishaps? Who were the Couple of the Evening, Ladies in Waiting, The Queen of the Evening and The Frumpy Frog?
Black Tie Events & Personality
Black Tie Event: Both men and woman arrive in formal dress.
Men: Black Tuxedo jacket, white formal shirt, a black bow tie, cummerbund around the waist, cuff links, black patent shoes
Women: Long gown with jewelry. For pizzazz - add sparkling jewelry, creative hair, artful makeup, lips, clutch and perhaps gloves.
"Overall goal is for the eye to notice the person and not the suit or gown first! And, personality along with grace, intelligence and the ability to "just go with it" is the ultimate key to Forever Chic Style."
Couple of the Evening - Style & Presence
The Newlyweds...Ahh..The Gloves
George Clooney & Amal Clooney (Channeling Audrey Hepburn)
|George Clooney Wedding Tux; Amal Clooney in Dior Haute Couture|
Camera, Lights & Action!
Pale, Sparkles, Vivid Hues and Hollywood Fashion Flashbacks
|Kate Hudson, Naomi Watts, Kate Beckinsale, Allison Williams, Diane Kruger|
Forever Chic Style - The Ladies in Waiting
7. Silver Screen "Wild"Goddess - Reese Witherspoon: Witherspoon, nominated for Best Performance by Actress in a Motion Picture for Wild, shimmered in an off the shoulder Calvin Klein metallic number with $1.5M in Tiffany & Co. show stopping jewels. Witherspoon appeared charmingly elegant, serene with a touch of fun.
6. Grecian Statute - Emily Blunt: Blunt was striking in a white Michael Kors gown with eye- catching turquoise Lorraine Schwartz jewels. This Grecian goddess was nominated for Best Performance by a Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical for Into the Woods. Blunt was the Grimm's fairy tale princess for the evening!
5. The Lady in Red Diva - Viola Davis: The ladies in red graced the red carpet with zeal. Davis, nominated for Best Performance by Actress in a Television Series - How to Get Away with Murder, stood out amongst the rest of the riveting red divas. The Donna Karan Atelier strapless red silk frock with twinkling beaded sequins, clutch and Fred Leighton jewelry, makeup and hair was perfectly played. Bravo!
4. A Breathe of Gorgeous Sunshine - Leslie Mann: Mann stepped out onto the red carpet in a sunny and breathtaking Kaufmanfranco off the shoulder canary yellow glistening gown that was one word - gorgeous. Add the green clutch, drop earrings and Veronica Lake hair for a head turning moment. By far, one of the best dressed on the red carpet!
3. Coppery Blazing Statement-Making - Jessica Chastain: Chastain, nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture - A Most Violent Year was the hottest actress on the red carpet in Atelier Versace V-necked copper hue infused gown. The hair, makeup and frock were reminiscent of yesteryear Hollywood glamour. Absolute perfection from head to toe!
|Hudson - Golden Globes 2013|
2. Sexy, Happy and Mesmerizing - Kate Hudson: Hudson snuggly fittingly into an winter white Atelier Versace jaw dropping gown that sent camera's popping and social media on overdrive. Hudson always smiling and always happy did it again!!! This stunner could only be worn by Hudson - the ultimate sexy fashion maven of the night!
1. Stop the Press Pure Sunshine on the Red Carpet - Naomi Watts: Captivating, sunny like Leslie Mann, Watts was gloriously memorable and bewitching in a buttery canary yellow Gucci off the shoulder concoction. The glittering snake Bulgari necklace with 76 carat diamonds added a bit of royal drama combined with perfectly coiffed hair, red-orange lips and clutch. The overall look was a bright note for 2015!
Forever Chic Style - The Queen of the Evening
Effortlessly confident, smart, sophisticated elegance, poise and manners
And, the award goes too....
The Queen - Amy Adams
The Queen of the Golden Globes 2015 - Amy Adams: Adams, capturing the Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical for Big Eyes was draped in a Grecian one-shoulder Atelier Versace smoldering baby blue Hollywood number. The Veronica Lake red hair, soft makeup, diamonds and Adams matching blue eyes garnered attention of peers and audience at large. The old style Hollywood glamour is timeless and a must have for any major award show - now and always. All hail "Big Blue Eyes" - The Queen!
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man and woman in their time plays many parts, His/Her acts being seven ages. Dress the part, play the game, be gracious and win the award"
-Shakespeare and a bit of Forever Chic Style
Frumpy Frog Stepsisters
7. Just Too Much - Sienna Miller: Miller donned a Miu Miu pale frock with a deep V-neck line with old fashioned embroidery from a tablecloth meshed in the material. The hair seemed messy and the low v-neck line is so boring as it has be done over and over again. The dress was just a too over done and embellished for this actress currently on a roll in the motion picture industry. Miller is appearing in Foxcatcher and American Sniper. At the Oscars, Miller will have a better shot at securing a best dressed award. Stick to classic numbers that are fetching on a slim silhouette.
6. The Cut Out Sack - Rosemund Pike: Gone Girl, Rosamund Pike, nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama, did indeed create a storm of gasps and"oh no" on the red carpet. The Vera Wang ivory frock was simply awful from front to back on this fine actress. It was a disaster and frankly unacceptable. It did not flatter the silhouette nor enhance this beauty. All that was noticed was a barely there dress tightly wrapped on the Pike 's curvy figure.
5. True "Big Eyes" Jumped Out -Emma Stone: Stone in a glittering Lavin jumpsuit with black pants, sparkling stone encrusted top and a black sash made a trendy and fun statement on the red carpet. This youthful fashionista from the cast of Birdman missed the invitation blurb - this is a "Black Tie" event. Save the Katherine Hepburn pants and extra bling bling elements for a lesser affair. What a missed moment with that face, youth and perfect figure! For shame!4. Busy, Busy Bee - Claire Danes: Danes wore a poorly designed Valentino frock that had multitudes of patterns and designs. The ill-fitting mesh cutout added to the confusion of the dress. It almost looks like a dress made for a contest on a television show. The end result did not flatter this actress nominated for the Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series Drama - Homeland. Next time, flatter the figure with a curve hugging gown that accentuates rather than detracts.
|Mia Wasikouska, Alice in Alice in Wonderland (2010)|
3. The Hostess with the Mostess Except for a Wonderland Moment - Tina Fey: Fey was extremely creative and funny this year yet seemed to have lost her stylish knack with putting together winning fashionista ensembles. In 2015, Fey chose a black and white off the shoulder gown by Antonio Berardi that was reminiscent of the character, Alice in Alice in Wonderland. The dress was a short full cocktail dress hitting at the ankle with the front white and the back side in all black in a collection of fabrics finishing with twinkling bling in the front. With the madness of the dress Alice, oops Tina may have wanted to break free of conventional wisdom for a "Black Tie" event and have a little flirty fun and make the worst dressed list for a change.
“Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
2. Please, Please, Please Stop - Jennifer Lopez: Lopez sauntered onto the red carpet with the "talk of the town" beige silver encrusted cleavage showing and high slit Zuhair Murad frock for all of the wrong reasons. The excess of material with the cape and the flaunting of all the skin seemed so tired on this diva of style. The skin, hair, face and smile and incredible female silhouette are sublime and require a more sophisticated ensemble at this point. The ever showing off of ample assets seems so passé.
1. The Fish Tail or Priscilla - Lana Del Rey: Del Ray, singer and songwriter, nominated for Best Original Song - "Big Eyes" - Big Eyes, sashayed on the red carpet in a mermaid turquoise greenish gown with super long bouffant hair reminiscent of Priscilla Presley from an earlier time. Pretty but so wrong on this lovely lady. The end result was a complete mishmash of beauty and style.
Forever Chic Style - The Frumpy Frog
And, the award goes too....
Butterflies, Bugs, Ruffles, Oh My! - Keira Knightly: Knightley, nominated for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture, The Imitation Game, wore a butterfly, bug patterned Chanel frock with a heavy ruffled bodice, black waist belt and butterfly bracelet. The culmination is a disappointing ensemble from a fashionista that rarely disappoints admirers. Knightley, though pregnant, could have amped up the game and worn something gloriously fitted and flattering showing off the baby bump. Instead, Knightley, floated down the red carpet in a drab and pheasant dress with a flock of butterflies and bugs meant for something other than a formal gown.
"I don't really believe in good luck. I believe in good fortune."
- Michael Keaton - Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical for Birdman
"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years."
— Audrey Hepburn
Forever Chic Style - Kim Hardwick