Forever Chic Style - Holiday Beauty Products
The festive holidays for 2013 are fast approaching. Tis the season to dress up, sparkle and shine at parties, for cocktails, dinners, luncheons, work or during daily activities. Why not look and feel your best during the rush scheduled for November through January? After all, the holidays only come once a year, so enjoy, glow and revel in breathtaking apparel with a polished approach. It is rather sad in today's world to see women running around in sweats, no make up and seemingly thinking this is a badge of honor, which is frankly quite the opposite. By the way, it does not make one more intelligent by not taking care of yourself or looking like one just rolled out of bed. Think of all the famous, intelligent, lively and influential women in the world today and in the past - they always dress for success, which means, hair, makeup and clothes. Why even a pair of jeans can be spiced up with the right accessories etc. As Helena Rubenstein once said, "There are no ugly women, only lazy ones." This season step it up, play your part and have fun.
Here are 5 Forever Chic Style must-have's to complete the beautiful holiday you.
I. Movie Making Mascara: Lashes are the latest obsession ranging anywhere from false eyelashes to using a serum like Latisse or a variety of mascara formulas that enhance the long, lush and eye framing bling. Two favorites:
1. Dior 'Diorshow' Iconic Mascara: Hands down the best high end mascara on the market today. This little wand of color is used backstage at Dior fashion shows and on the red carpet. The trademarked Oblique Brush creates high definition in curl and color for each and every lash. The look is natural or if going out add an extra layer or two for a stand out eye effect of lush fringe.
2. CoverGirl Clump Crusher: The new secret weapon by CoverGirl. As reported in The Wall Street Journal on March 21, 2013: "Clumps are especially common with the"high volume seeker," heavy users try to achieve thick, bold lashes as part of an "impeccable look every day" Dr. Vickery says. The average woman applies about a dozen mascara strokes to each eye; a high volume seeker could easily surpass 100 strokes, she says."
The Clump Crusher has extra bristles to discourage clumps from forming and to comb through any accumulation on the lashes. The result is clump free and stunning lashes. I have used the Clump Crusher and was impressed. CoverGirl Clump Crusher rivals the Diorshow Iconic and I must admit the price is right. I use both.
|1. Dior 'Diorshow' Iconic Mascara - Nordstrom - $28.50|
|2. CoverGirl Clump Crusher - $6.99|
II. No Chipping and Perfect Nails for Holiday Events or Everyday: Weeklong Lacquer - Vinylux: In college, I painted my nails every Friday after class. It was my time to relax with my favorite fashion magazine and paint away. However, most nail polishes chip quickly and require constant upkeep. Today, I have acrylics with an overlay of shellac, which keeps my nails looking perfect. Last summer, I took my acrylics off and tried out Vinylux. The result was amazing with the polish lasting for over a week. The idea is to double layer the color with a clear top-coat. The product dries within 9 minutes and is easily removed. The formula contains particles that bind to the keratin proteins in the nails, while cross-linked polymers in the topcoat cause it to strengthen when exposed to natural light. Try Vinylux and relish the vivid color and simplicity from a bottle of nail polish.
|CND - Vinylux - $9.90|
III. Fabulous Christy Brinkley Hair for the Holidays - Hair Treatment - MoroccanOil: This little bottle of oil is a special treat for hair that is processed or just dry and needs a glittering lift during the holidays. Beautiful, silky hair is a must have whether in a top bun, flowing soft curls or stick straight this season. After shampooing and towel drying locks of hair add in MoroccanOil for instant shine and softness. MoroccanOil treatment is a serum that is instantly absorbed creating gorgeous shine and long term conditioning. Aragaon Oil has been used by women in Morocco to treat hair and nails for hundreds of years. The Argan tree, found in the South West of Morocco called Argana: blossoms in the desert-like conditions produces fruit that grows a large nut with three almond-shape kernels which contain he source for this miraculous oil. Kathy Lee & Hoda have featured this beauty serum and was InStyle Magazine's 2010 Top Best Beauty Buys.
|MorrocanOil - $66.00 - Amazon - $35.59|
IV. Night Time Lip Treatment - Rodan & Fields - REDEFINE Lip Renewing Serum: The fall and winter months can be harsh on lips. Rodan & Fields has the answer! The Lip Renewing Serum helps soften and define lips on a nightly basis. I started using the Lip Renewing Serum this summer and enjoy the results. Each capsule contains peptide that is antioxidant-rich to retain natural moisturizing factors while smoothing lip texture and reducing the appearance of lip wrinkles. 60 capsules - two month supply. The ultimate solution to obtain flawless lips ready for your favorite holiday lipstick. Contact: Rosanne Debragga - https:/rosanned.myrandf.com
|Rodan & Fields Redefine Lip Renewing Serum - $53 - 2 Month Supply|
Katie Rodan and Kathy Fields are the doctors who created ProActiv and they are doing for aging skin what they did for acne. Their products have been featured multiple times on The Today Show and in O Magazine, Allure, New Beauty, Good Housekeeping, Lucky etc., as award winning products. Their anti aging line was #1 in Nordstrom when they pulled it to start a direct sales business and the company has grown more than 3 times since then.
V. The Finale - The Ravishing Red & Wine Lipstick Numbers for the Holidays: Selecting the perfect red can be tricky. The basic rules are to know whether you have a warm or a cool skin tone. A warm tone means your skin is more yellow or golden whereas a cool tone is either pink or red. Another way to figure out your skin tone is to examine the veins on your wrists in the sunlight. If your veins are more green on you are warm; more blue - you are cool. Warm tone skin gravitates to orange reds, while cool tone skin revels in blue reds. When in doubt, ask a salesperson for extra help in selecting a vibrant red for the holidays.
1. Chanel Rouge Double Intensite Ultra Wear Lip Colour: A friend of mine told me about Chanel's lip gloss that stays on all day. And, it does!! During the holiday season at a party or out to dinner this gloss remains securely on the lips. No more lipstick lines on glasses. This is the essential gloss for the holidays. The Base coat hue is a fluid texture which provides long-lasting color, adheres to the lips without transferring or feathering. Top Gloss Coat provides clear gloss, non-tacky with high shine throughout the day. Colors of choice: Soft Rose; Silky Rose
|Chanel - ROUGE DOUBLE INTENSITÉ ULTRA WEAR LIP COLOUR - Nordstrom $35|
2. Tom Ford Lipstick Rich & Creamy: Ford lipstick contains rare and exotic ingredients including soja seed extract, Brazilian murumuru butter and chamomilla flower oil, create an ultra-creamy texture with an incredibly smooth application. Specially treated pigments are blended to deliver pure color with just the right balance of luminosity. They hydrate and are long lasting. I am a huge fan of the Ford lipsticks and have several. My favorite are Cherry Lush a gorgeous blue-based red and Violet Fatale which is a red plum. Both are divine!
|Tom Ford - Cherry Lush - Nordstrom - $49|
|Tom Ford - Violet Fatale - Nordstrom - S49|
3. Mac Lipstick - Divine Night Lipstick - Limited Edition: This color is gorgeous for a night out on the town amongst the sparkle of lights and snow. Mac lipsticks are superb. Other favorites include Red, Russian Red. From Nordstrom site: Has a lightweight texture, creamy finish and comfortable, long wear combine in this has-it-all pro-class lip color. Slick in use, applies without need of a top coat—and still lasts up to 12 hours. Won't feather or transfer, and the color stays true. Helps lips stay soft and hydrated.
|Mac - Divine Night Limited Edition - Nordstrom - $16.50|
4. Clinique - Almost Lipstick -Black Honey: A favorite wine tone for the holidays. Mix with a grey sparkle dress or top and be the bell of the ball. Or use during the day when out and about or at work. Wonderful for the fall and winter months.
|Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey - $15.00|
5. Saving the Best for Last: Christian Dior Zinna Red Lipstick: I actually have two Zinna Red (743) Dior lipsticks on hand. It is a rich blue-red and utterly glamorous. From Nordstrom's website: Rouge Dior Lipstick features a luminous formula that delivers rich, creamy color to your lips. It's available in 32 shades so you can pick the one that's perfect for you.
|Dior 'Rouge Dior' Lipstick -Zinna Red - #743 - Nordstrom - $34|
"I think dress, hairstyle and make-up are the crucial factors in projecting an attractive persona and give one the chance to enhance one’s best physical features."
— Vivienne Westwood
Sparkle, shine and make an entrance this Holiday Season! Happy Shopping. Enjoy!
Forever Chic Style