Fall is here and now is the time to clean out closets, give clothes to charity, update wardrobes and review essential beauty products for the wet and cold winter months. With extremely sensitive skin, my search for beauty products that do not create a reaction is first and foremost. Many products contain fragrances, plant extracts or chemicals which can lead to a nasty red disaster on the face, eyes or body. Listed are five Forever Chic Style recommendations that I use on a daily basis. All work wonders for my sensitive skin.
1. The Ultimate Sensitive Skin Body Soap: Dove Beauty Bar sensitive skin unscented ($3.65 per bar) - Everyday starts with a simple bar of soap. And, for sensitive skin - Dove is the one to use on a daily basis. This little bar cleanses, moisturizes, doesn't clog pores, is fragrance free and hypoallergenic. Widely recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians. In fact, my dermatologist recommends taking bar of soap when traveling. Never use any other if you have sensitive skin.
2. Essential Body Lotion: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion ($10.99): The ultimate body lotion to smooth on after a shower. The lotion contains ACTIVE NATURALS Colloidal Oatmeal and other ingredients to keep skin moist for 24 hours. For dry skin, Aveeno is the perfect solution leaving skin soft, smooth and hydrated. And, it is fragrance free, nongreasy and noncomedogenic and dermatologist recommended. Perfect for sensitive skin.
|Aveeno - Daily Moisturizing Lotion|
3. Outstanding Face Sunscreen: Yes, even during the fall and winter months it is important to use a facial sunscreen daily. Clarins UV Plus HP SPF 40 Day Screen ($40) glides on easily combined with moisturizer and foundation. Clarins' claims that this sunscreen shields facial skin from daily sun damage with 100% mineral filters. Fights free radicals and DNA damage deep within the skin’s surface with organic Cantaloupe — Clarins’ powerful new anti-oxidant from Provence. Invisible protection so sheer, it pairs perfectly with any moisturizer. Again, for sensitive skin, this sunscreen for me leaves my skin rash and irritated free.
|Clarins - UV Plus HP SPF 40 Day Screen|
4. Leading Eye & Correction Concealer: Cle' de Peau's Beaute' Concealer ($70) covers red spots, dark circles etc., beautifully. The formula is made with hyaluronic acid and green tea covering imperfections while illuminating the skin. The cost is high yet one tube will last one to two years. Celebrities that use Cle' de Peau's Beaute' Concealer are Nicole Kidman, Kate Moss, Jennifer Connelly, Kate Winslet, Ellen Pompeo, Amanda Seyfried and Jessica Alba as reported in Town & Country, February 2013.
|Cle' de Peau Beaute' Concealer|
5. Sensational Lip Moisturizer and Plumper: Looking for the Angelina Jolie pout? Search no more - Dior Addict Lip Mazimizer ($31) is the answer. The blend of collagen and marine-based fillers smooth and moisturize the appearance of the skin. After 15 days of use, lips will look noticeably fuller and defined. It is a wonderful base under lipstick or alone. Pucker up and smile!
|Dior Addict Lip Mazimizer|
"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles."
In other words, it is fine to dress up daily, take care of self, be kind to others, share life and be a beautiful butterfly with courage and happiness. After all, the world is a stage and everyday is your opportunity to play a part in your own play. So, why not dress for success with a smile! Audrey did and so can you!