Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - July 20 - Let the Games Begin (2013)
Stay Tuned for 2014 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Report
Pre-Sale Begins - July 10, 2014 - July 17, 2014
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Forever Chic Style Report from Last Year - 2013!
The annual Nordstrom sale begins this Friday, July 20th at 8:00 a.m. The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is for crowd seeking adventurers inspecting apparel bargains amidst high energy excitement. Grab a cup off coffee, arrive early and have a plan of action. Create a simple list and march through the seething throngs ready for battle. Of course, the online pre-sale began on July 11th, however actually viewing the clothing is imperative and money saving. Remember - always buy quality and not quantity when following the Handbook to Forever Chic Style. Think Audrey Hepburn - would she have worn this piece? Will the piece last the test of time?
Quote from Overdressed, The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion, Elizabeth L. Cline:
"Americans, she finds, buy roughly 20 billion garments a year—about 64 items per person—and no matter how much they give away, this excess leads to waste. The “clothing deficit myth” is what she calls the notion, comforting to fashionistas, that giving discards to charity offsets consumption. In fact, Cline reports, “charities long ago passed the point of being able to sell all of our wearable used clothes.”
- Wardrobe: Review your wardrobe. Do you need a purse? Coat? Boots? A Suit? Pumps?
- Budget: Have a budget. I know this can be difficult but it is better to be selective; chose a few quality pieces rather than bags of cheap clothing that will fall apart in 6 months or need to be returned. If you can only buy one piece - buy one piece! Stay out of credit card debt.
- List: Create a list and stick too it.
- Trends: Do not buy trends. For instance, do not buy colored jeans. Rumor has it that brightly toned jeans are out for next spring. Instead opt for dark blue denim for Fall 2012. Or if you must have a one pair of brightly toned jeans - orange is the hue. Pair with a grey sweater and classic black boots.
- Lingerie: Invest in undergarments. Great time to purchase essentials. Spanx, bra's and underwear.
- Purse & Wallet: Purchase a large black leather handbag with simple lines only. No embellishments. Look for Ted Baker wallets.
- Coat: Chose a wool camel or black coat. Keep it simple for lasting appeal.
Top 5 Forever Chic Style Picks:
|Valette - Refined Wool Crewneck Sweater|
- Suit & Pants: The Theory brand is well crafted in quality fabric with a classic cut and fit. Always purchase the pants, jacket and skirt together. Easy to mix and match with other pieces in wardrobe. Excellent for interviewing. Look for Theory Gab B "Tailor"Jacket and Pants. Also, Theory ponte knit skinny leg pants. Sold out online.
- Layering Tops: Majestic in white or black. Majestic tee's at $59.00 regularly $105. These tee's will last an entire year if not more. They do not pill nor shrink with washing. Line dry. Valette - Refined Wool Crewneck Sweater - These little numbers will be worn over and over again. Colors: Camel, Black, Coral, Turquoise and in Yellow with buttons down the back. Cost: $78.90. After sale $118.
- Lingerie: Hanky Panky thong underwear in regular or low rise. Comes in all sorts of colors and patterns. Cost: $52 for 4 pair or $14.90. After sale - $22 per pair. Calvin Klein Seductive Comfort Customized Lift Underwire Bra - Cost: $28.90. After sale - $44.00.
- Riding Boots: Attilio Giusti Harness Boot - Black - Cost: $399.90. After sale - $615. Purchased last year. They comfortable, warm and simply elegant with stretch pants or skinny dark blue jeans. Cole Haan Jodpur Boot - Black - Cost: $229.90. After sale - $348.00. Cole Haan boots and shoes are always comfortable and lasting.
- Stretch Pants: Vince Seamed Ponte Leggings - Cost: $156.90. After sale - $235.00. Purchased last year. These are amazing on and perfect with riding boots.
|Attilio Giusti Harness Boot|
"Fashion fades, only style remains the same" Coco Chanel